Hello MI Loves!
The past week has been a whirlwind for me and I am just able to post yesterday’s blog post. I had the idea in mind but my health took a toll for the worst and I was out sick with a stomach bug. Thank fully I felt almost 100% better by Saturday and was able to do my very first photo shoot for the blog with @shotsbypriiincesss. She captured some AMAZING shots of me—in the 20 degree weather—but you definitely can’t tell…I guess that’s how the models get their good shots.
To top the eventful weekend off, I did a turnaround trip to Mississippi yesterday to take my grandmother back home so my day to recuperate was spent driving up and down the highway. Nevertheless, I made it there and back safely by God’s grace.
Any who, today’s topic is one we know oh so well— Getting Out of Your Own Way.
I am guilty of this as many of us are. We allow fear to take over our mind and we fail to reach our fullest potential that God intended for us. I have many talents that I have been sitting on and it wasn’t until recently where I decided I really need to get out of my own way and make some moves.
Here are some things that helped me Get Out of My Own Way.
- Acknowledge what is preventing you from moving – Be as specific as possible (What am I afraid of? What knowledge do I lack to get where I want to be? How will my life be better? etc)
- Let Go and Let God – Forget the mentality of what if I fail and just go for it. We have to accept the fact that it is okay to learn as you go because none of us are perfect. I’m learning something new each and every day in terms of developing my blog—it’s something I have never done before and it is a bit overwhelming at times, but I have already started and I am not turning back!
- Change your surroundings – We have been told too many times that you must surround yourself with like-minded people if you expect to succeed in life. Yes, I know, this can be hard because those you think would be rooting for you the most—family and friends—are some of the very people you may just cut ties with.
- Spend time with God – Of course, everything comes back to our relationship with God. If we expect to see manifestations of His blessings and miracles, we must be intentional about the time we spend with Him. Back in November, I made up in my mind that I needed to stop playing games and really get my mind focused on God. I did a two week cleanse right before Thanksgiving to really seek clarity from God on what it is that He wanted me to do. I gave up fast food, fried foods, and my guilty pleasure of Bruster’s Oreo ice cream. It was definitely a struggle the first few days, but within the first few days, God showed me things that I never expected. It was very rewarding and I plan to do it again in a few weeks—particularly asking for clarity and guidance in how to progress with my blog.
- Trust the process – MI Loves, Rome wasn’t built in a day and neither is the legacy you are working to build. Strap on your seat belt and get ready for the ride.
- Find ways to encourage yourself when you feel discouraged – Never ever forget why you started the journey to get out of your own way. Will it be tough, of course, but when you have God with you every step of the way, you will not fail. Start small, make a to do list of things you want God to do for you, find some inspiring quotes/scriptures to display around your home, create a go to playlist to get you out of your funk, and any other thing that may refuel your tank.
To all of MI loves, thank you so much for checking in with ME.
Stay connected with me on Instagram and Facebook @bespirituallybold
REMEMBER MI LOVES: You are never too young or old to Be Spiritually BOLD.
I will walk by faith even when I can’t see. -1 Corinthians 5:7